DCF WALK-A-THON 2023
DOGS WELCOMED! | August 12th – Mt. Oak Church, Bowie, MD
Make a Donation
Help Us Help a Child…. and HAVE FUN!
UPDATE AUG 18: The 2023 DCF Walk-a-Thon held on Aug 12, 2023 was a wonderful success and we most graciously thank all who participated, donated, and sponsored this event! We are working on a news update with more details and images from the Walk-a-Thon – please stay tuned, and THANK YOU!
DCF is sponsoring a Walk-a-Thon fundraiser and DOGS ARE WELCOMED! Our mission is to bring dog owners together with their dogs and families, to experience a time of family fun centered around their canine members, for the purpose of raising funds to support Compassion Care for Disabled Children Inc. dba Disabled Children’s Fund, in their global outreach to Change the World for a Disabled Child.
The funds raised will aid DCF in:
- Ukraine – to supply critically needed clothing to disabled children and their families suffering from war-caused shortages
- India – to support 24 disabled children and their families with medical services and life changing resources
- Guatemala – to fund custom made wheelchairs for needy children of low income families
- US Military Families – to provide special needs children with quality of life programs not covered by government support
Thank You to Our Wonderful Sponsors!
Please support them any chance you get.
When and Where:
August 12, 2023
Mt. Oak Church
14110 Mt. Oak Road
Bowie, MD 20721
How to Participate:
- Go to CLICK HERE TO REGISTER below and pay the $10 Participation Fee.
- Download and print the Sponsorship Form to collect your supporters.
Please note: This is not required to participate in the Walk.
- If completing the Sponsorship form, bring the form with any contributions to the event. Any Checks should be made payable to “Disabled Children’s Fund”. Sponsors may make a credit card donation online.
Questions? Please contact Mary Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9:30-10:00 – Registration
- 10:00 – First walking group – the Brisk Group
- 10:15 – Second walking group – the Leisure Group
- 10:30 – Third walking group – the Short Stroll Group
Fun Agility Course open for participation – A Ring
- 11:00 – Dog Costume Contest – B Ring
- 11:30 – Prizes for Dog Costume Contest presented
- 12:45 – Demonstration
- 12:15 – Raffle PLUS Drawings for all prizes for all 3 participation groups
- 12:00 – Closing of Event
There will be 3 groups of participants:
- 1st: The dogs who with their owners are high energy and want to walk briskly
- 2nd: The dogs who with their owners desire a more relaxed walk
- 3rd: The senior and/or disabled dogs or owners who prefer a shorter stroll
Positioned along the course will be attendants at stations with water and treats for participants. There are prizes planned for each group which will be awarded by a blind drawing from each group’s participants’ names.
In addition, there will be a Dog Costume Contest for those wanting to dress up to compete for prizes in one arena. Also planned is a Beginner Agility Course set up just for fun in a second arena. Then finishing up the day will be a Guide Dog demonstration in a third arena.
Important Pet Information:
- The DCF Walk-a-Thon will be through fields and woods, so it is highly recommended that all participants and their humans protect themselves against ticks which carry diseases for both species and check all participants following their walks.
- There will be many dogs on site and the possibility of commutable diseases between them is increased, so humans may want to contact their veterinarian for any recommended additional vaccine protection. As stated in the rules, Rabies and Distemper combination vaccinations are required to be current. placeholder